Tuesday 3 May 2016

Work Experience for Mirfield Stags

I emailed Ryan Sparks after our interview to say thank you again. I also reminded him that I was interested in doing some work experience for him because I think it will benefit me in the future having skills in sport photography. Because Sport Photography is fast paced it will help me improve my technical skills when I am under pressure. It will make it easier for me to photograph dogs when they are running or jumping when I am faster at focusing and changing settings. It will also teach me to be in the right place at the right time.

After the shoot I sat down with Ryan and discussed what was working and what wasn't. We looked through the images and deleted ones that he didn't want. We edited the images by cropping and changing some of the levels to focus more on the players. Once he was happy with the images he had selected I discussed the use of my images.

As I was helping out and volunteering to photograph I did not get paid for the photographs. I handed the images over to Ryan and only asked a small favor that he credited me for my work.

My images have been used for a newsletter email, the Mirfield Stags website and on the Mirfield Stags Facebook page.




Even though this work is not dog photography related it was relevant to my practice because I gained skills I can use for dog photography. My name is with the images and because of this it shows I am capable of photographing more than one subject area which may come in handy for future work.
Being able to talk to Ryan about his businesses and my work has really helped me understand my chosen career better and has given me more confidence to show my work. I am not afraid to get criticism because I can only learn from my mistakes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment